The availability of quality healthcare should not be a worry Americans face as they grow older. We believe that healthcare in America should be governed by the following basic policies:
- Protection of the doctor/patient relationship.
- Protection of patient choice, and the right to quality care.
- Protection of the research and development process needed to produce cures.
- Access to safe, effective, and affordable medicines, devices, and treatments.
- Protection and enhancement of Medicare coverage
- Support for the widest and best array of healthcare options.
- Support for caregivers and support of at-home services for the elderly.
- Protection of patient privacy.